Trinity Speech & Drama is a formal but fun approach to learning key acting and performance skills with options for working as a solo actor, working in pairs with a partner or working as part of a group. A student in a Trinity Class is focusing on preparing for a drama exam which they undertake in October.
The main emphasis at all times is focused on engaging in the technical skills of acting, singing and movement; learning correct dramatic terminology; and understanding the process of language and speech patterns. Students are able to choose the type of Speech & Drama activity & exam category that they would like to be involved in :
- Dramatic Monolgue (solo) or Duologue (partner)
- Group Performance, both scripted and devised
- Speaking from memory, recitation – prose & poetry
- Performance Arts – singing, dancing & movement,
And associated performance activities ( e.g. juggling, poetry, puppetry)
- Musical Theatre – Integration of acting, singing, dancing
- Communication Skills – Auditions & Public Speaking
Weekly Group lessons are available See our Sessions page for details.